- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD): A heart attack can be a direct result of having CHD. There are several factors that can play a role in whether an individual develops CHD, such as genetic makeup, obesity, tobacco use, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, sedentary lifestyle, stress and emotional dysregulation.
- Ingestion of drugs, such as prescription medication or illicit substances
- Cold temperatures combined with strenuous exertion, such as shoveling snow
- Intense physical activity while dehydrated or without properly preparing the body for the exercise
- Anxiety attack
- Sudden outburst of anger
- Heavy, high calorie meal
- Undiagnosed and/or untreated medical conditions that increase the risk of a heart attack
To maintain a healthy heart, you should make an immediate appointment with your cardiologist, primary care doctor, or seek immediate medical assistance if you are experiencing any unusual symptoms that may indicate a heart attack has been triggered, such as shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain or a squeezing sensation in your chest, pain in your arms, jaw, neck, back or abdomen, swelling in your legs or abdomen, fatigue or weakness, irregular heartbeat and/or bouts of anxiety. Additionally, you should adhere to a schedule of routine physical examinations set by your medical provider to ensure you remain in good health and any new medical conditions are detected early.
If you reside in the greater Los Angeles area, Dr. Shervin Eshaghian M.D. of Beverly Hills Cardiology is an expert cardiologist prepared to diagnose, assess and treat any heart-related condition from which you or a loved one may be suffering. Schedule a consultation today by calling (310) 858-6500 to begin receiving the highest level of medical care in a state-of-the-art facility.