This test is noninvasive, generally safe and may be performed with a simple treadmill exercise, echocardiography, or nuclear imaging techniques. Another type of stress test uses drugs instead of physical activity to produce the effects of exercise during the examination.A Beverly Hills heart doctor may recommend an exercise stress test for a number of reasons:
- To diagnose conditions such as coronary artery disease (a chronic disease in which there is a “hardening” or atherosclerosis of the arteries) in patients with chest pain.
- To diagnose a heart-related cause of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness.
- To determine a safe level of exercise among heart patients who wish to increase their level of physical activity.
- To screen for coronary artery disease in some patients who do not have symptoms.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of a balloon angioplasty (a procedure in which plaque in the arteries is pushed back against the artery walls to make more room for blood flow), or other procedures.
- To predict future risk of dangerous heart-related conditions, such as heart attack.
Relationship with You
"This doctor really stands apart from some of the others I have experienced. He is brilliant and has been able to figure out medical problems that other doctors could not figure out! If you have a problem that is not typical-see this doctor. It could save your life!"
"I have seen a lot of physicians in my time but few compare to Dr. Eshaghian. He was extremely thorough, yet efficient in the time we spent together."
"A professional to the highest degree. Excellent bedside manner and patient care. Trust your heart and health to non other."