Treatments Available for Atrial Fibrillation
With recent advances in drug and interventional treatments in Los Angeles, a satisfactory outcome is now usually eventually obtained in most patients.
- DC Cardioversion
- DC cardioversion is used to restore sinus rhythm in those with persistent AF
- Rate Limiting Drugs
- Rate limiting drugs limit the number of impulses transmitted and slow the heart rate to make the patient more comfortable.
- Antiarrhythmic Drugs
- Antiarrhythmic drugs reduce the frequency and duration of Atrial fibrillation episodes
- Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs
- These medications thin the blood and make it less prone to clotting, thereby reducing the risk of stroke.
- Radiofrequency Ablation and Surgery
- Over the last 10 years, ablation therapy for treatment of atrial fibrillation has gained huge traction. It causes selective elimination of one or more sites in the atria to reduce the chance that AF will occur.
If you live in Beverly Hills or Los Angeles please schedule your consultation with Dr. Eshaghian by calling (310) 858-6500
In order to discover more about Atrial Fibrillation and its potential causes and ramifications please view this PDF by the American Heart Association.
If you have more symptoms not described in this article please visit our conditions page for a complete list of conditions provided by Beverly Hills Cardiology located in Los Angeles, California.Contact us today to schedule an appointment.