Asking what qualifications a potential specialist has is essential to finding the best doctor. The following qualifications should be examined:
- Board Certification: A board certification will allow you to have peace of mind in knowing that a certain level of care is expected from the doctor. These certifications are not held by all doctors.
- Affiliation: While not essential, affiliations show the level of commitment a cardiologist has in the field. Organizations such as the American Heart Association and American Medical Association are just a few of the most prominent associations a cardiologist may have.
- Education: The institute where a doctor learned their trade is very important. You’ll want to examine undergraduate studies, medical school, and internship and residencies attended by the doctor. Fellowships should also be examined.
The amount of experience and years of practice will also be vital in making the right choice when choosing your cardiologist.
You have a world of information at your fingertips. A few of the ways to research your potential doctor are as follows:
- Reviews: Online reviews provide pertinent insight into doctors. Online websites, such as Yelp, HealthGrades, ZocDoc and Vitals provide prominent reviews from patients.
- Awards: Cardiology comes with many awards. Is your potential doctor named one of the best in the field? This can make a huge difference in your decision.
- Publications: Has your doctor been published? Many medical journals feature the best doctors in the field. While this is not a must-have, publications are a nice added bonus when choosing the right cardiologist.
- Complaints: Doctors that have been sued for malpractice or that have a lot of patient complaints are not in your best interest. The California Medical Board uses BreEZe to document licenses and any complaints against doctors.
If you’re searching for a prominent cardiologist in Hollywood, contact us by phone at (310) 858-6500 or use our online form. We provide a variety of services to evaluate and manage all heart conditions.