- What are the possible causes of my symptoms? You may have been referred to a cardiologist due to experiencing one or more of the following symptoms: chest pains, heart palpitations, unexplained fatigue and/or shortness of breath. Your physician may also have referred you for further testing if previous testing is indicating a heart-related issue. Depending on your symptoms, an experienced cardiologist should be able to provide you with a list of conditions that are likely to be the cause of your symptoms.
- What tests do you recommend? Based on your symptoms, your cardiologist will order various tests in order to make an informed diagnosis. Some of the tests that may be recommended include: bloodwork; electrocardiogram (ECG); stress ECG; echocardiogram; stress echocardiogram; event monitoring; and angiogram.
- Are there alternative options to the treatment plan? Understandably, you may have concerns about medication therapy and/or surgery. Your cardiologist can explain to you why he/she is recommending the current treatment plan, as well as provide you with alternative methods to manage your condition.
- What is the best outcome I can expect from my treatment plan? It’s important to understand the limitations of the treatment methods recommended as it may prompt you to seek alternative options for your condition. Additionally, if you are aware of what is expected from your treatment, you can contact your cardiologist should your condition fall short of that expectation.
- Are there lifestyle changes I can make to improve my condition? If you are diagnosed with a heart condition, there are lifestyle modifications, such as mild to moderate exercising, and healthy eating that combine to reduce the chance of your condition worsening.
If you have questions and concerns related to your specific symptoms, the friendly staff of the Beverly Hills Cardiology office will be happy to schedule you an appointment with the highly qualified and top-rated cardiologist, Dr. Shervin Eshaghian M.D. Don’t let your questions go unanswered — contact us today at (310) 858-6500.