Dr. Eshaghian was raised in Los Angeles, California. He graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa with Bachelor of Science degree in Psycho-Biology from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and received his medical degree with Dean’s Honors recognition with special distinction in Cardiology Research from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He returned to Los Angeles, for his postgraduate training in Internal Medicine at the world renowned Cedars Sinai Medical Center where he was the recipient of the Leo Rigler Outstanding academic achievement award in back to back years (Intern and Resident of the year). To further his training, Dr. Eshaghian then went on to complete a fellowship in Cardiology at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and was the recipient of the Elliot Corday Fellow of the year award (given to the top fellow) in back to back years (2009 & 2010) for his academic achievements.
His areas of expertise include treatment of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, heart rhythm disturbances, and advanced valvular heart disease. He is an active researcher, and is intimately involved in assessment and management of patients considered for percutaneous transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVI) or minimally invasive valve surgery.
He is a true believer in compassionate, personalized, and comprehensive medical care. He has been awarded the Patient’s Choice Award as well as the Compassionate Doctor Award. In addition he has been selected as “America’s Top Cardiologist” by the Consumer Research Council’s of America.
Dr. Eshaghian is also avidly involved in education and mentorship of medical students, residents, and fellows. In addition, he is actively engaged in the medical community, and is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Society of cardiovascular Computer Tomography
Dr. Eshaghian has authored numerous publications in leading peer-reviewed journals and has participated in multiple national and internal meeting as a faculty presenter.
Best Beverly Hills Cardiologist -
Undergraduate Studies: University of California, Los Angeles (Summa Cum Laude, Psycho-Biology)
Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Dean’s Recognition Honors, special distinction in Cardiology Research)
Internship/Residency: Cedars Sinai Medical Center (Internal Medicine, Leo Rigler outstanding academic achievement, Intern and Resident of the year)
Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles (Cardiovascular diseases, Elliot Corday Fellow of the year).
Cardiovascular Disease (BE)
- Eshaghian S, Shah PK, Kaul S. Advances in antiplatelet treatment for acute coronary syndromes. Heart. 2009:96;656-661
- Chou S, Eshaghian S, Lamer A, Tran H, Dohad S, Kaul S. Bridging therapy in the perioperative management of patients with drug-eluting stents. Rev Cardiovascular Med. 2009:10;209-218.
- Tehrani F, Eshaghian S. Detection of left ventricular thrombus by coronary computed tomography angiography. Am J Med Sci. 2009:338;167-8.
- Goland S, Trento A, Czer LS, Eshaghian S, Tolstrup K, De Robertis MA, Mirocha J, Iida K, Siegel RJ. Thoracic aortic arteriosclerosis in patients with degenerative aortic stenosis with and without coexisting coronary artery disease. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2008:85;113-119.
- Eshaghian S, Kaul S, Shah PK. Cardiac Amyloidosis: New insights into Diagnosis and Management. Rev Cardiovascular Med. 2007:8;189-199.
- Eshaghian S, Kaul S, Amin S, Shah PK, Diamond GA. Role of Clopidogrel in Managing Atherothrombotic Cardiovascular Disease. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2007:146;434-441.
- Cheng V, Lepor NE, Madyoon H, Eshaghian S, Naraghi AL, Shah PK. Presence and Severity of Noncalcified Coronary Artery Plaque on 64-Slice Computed Tomographic Coronary Angiography in Patients with Zero and Low Coronary Artery Calcification. American Journal of Cardiology, 2007:99;1183-1186.
- Eshaghian S. Review of the Role of Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators in Ischemic & Non-Ischemic Heart Disease. Einstein Quarterly Journal. 2007:23;12-20.
- Eshaghian S, Horwich TB, Fonarow GC. Loop Diuretic Dose is Independently Associated with Increased Mortality in Advanced Heart Failure. American Journal of Cardiology. 2006:97;1759-64.
- Eshaghian S, Horwich TB, Fonarow GC. An unexpected inverse relationship between HbA1c levels and Mortality in Patients with diabetes and Advanced Systolic Heart Failure. American Heart Journal. 2006:1;91-96.
- Best Beverly Hills Cardiologist, Bevrly Hills Cardiology, Brentwood Cardiology, Westwoos Cardiology, Los Angeles Cardiology, Santa Monica Cardiology, Century City Cardiology, Culver City Cardiology.